Friday, February 4, 2011

Wedding Wednesday: For the Photographer

Awesome. Incredible. Amazing. Perfect. Crazy good. Just my sorry attempt at describing our wedding photographer.  She far exceeds any adjective you give her. She finds beauty where you don’t expect. She works harder than you pay her.  And she kicks the butt of any wedding photographer you had.

This week’s Wedding Wednesday tribute is to Ashley Hopper of Ashley Hopper Photography.  Stats on Ashley -- Husband: RobB who rocks the construction world, the drums, and the Carrie Underwood prayers. Step-children: Bobby and Haley who are blessed further than their teenage minds can comprehend to have her.  Occupation: Librarian extraordinaire who dabbled in Reading instruction and moonlit as a drycleaner among other things. Extended Family: Don’t even get her started. They’re equally awesome and super cute and creative and generous and I need to get back on topic.

I could make a laundry list of all of her accolades. I could tell endless stories about how she’s listened to my ramblings and saved the day for so many of her colleagues. Or I could just show you why she’s my first pick for a Wedding Wednesday* tribute.  Her work speaks for itself.
Random Collinsville site plus random look equals fun picture!

"Ashley, can I jump off of this?" "Sure." LOVE a photographer who lets the Bride do what she wants!

Her time is very valuable, but there's always time for diving through dumpsters for a trophy shot!

And I'm forever in her debt for this timeless picture. Money can't buy that.
Our engagement session was incredibly memorable thanks to Ashley and her hidden Downtown spots!
When you think she's not taking pictures...well, she is.
The Day Of, she was there from start to finish. Because everyone needs a record of gigantic curlers and smiles.
Letting us be us. I'm glad she already knew us.
NO IDEA this was going on while I was applying my fifth coat of lipstick. But a tribute to this lady coming soon.
One of my favorite pictures of my favorite people. Perfect timing.

She must have a photographer's sixth sense to know when to catch moments like this.
She even follows you into the bathroom with your miracle alterations worker.
 A million thank you's to Ashley Hopper for every memorable moment you preserved.
*I know it's not Wednesday. But my sense of time is buried in 2 feet of snow.

1 comment:

  1. So cute!! I love love love all your pictures! She did do a fabulous job!!

    ReplyDelete