Tuesday, February 1, 2011

For Snow Days

I unashamedly spent 12 hours on my couch today. Cause of laziness: a mixture of endless streaming Netflix, over 100 unwritten wedding thank you’s, and a very cuddly couch buddy. Oh, and 21 inches of snow. 

The record-setting Feblizzard of 2011 has been a whirlwind of excitement around the otherwise dull Northeastern Oklahoma.  Constant facebook updates have given me plenty of chances to interrupt AJ’s video gaming and share bits of nudgeworthy news. Thirty cars are stranded on 169! The police are only using 4X4’s! The Hard Rock roof fell in! Our mailbox just disappeared! 

In the midst of keeping up with all the snow drama, I did manage to be mildly productive...if you consider it productive to reheat coneys and solve several puzzles on Wheel of Fortune Teacher’s Week.

Since a second snow day is guaranteed for tomorrow, I think it’d be a good idea to list my Top 10 Must Do’s for Wednesday:

  1. Deep clean the kitchen...or check facebook, e-mails, and the gnomes in the backyard
  2. Address over 100 wedding thank you’s...or do some etsy window shopping
  3. Organize the pile of clothes in my closet...or watch a season of Say Yes to the Dress
  4. Reheat leftovers for lunch, eat birthday cake
  5. Clean the bathrooms...or do Sunday’s crossword
  6. Zumba on the Kinect...definitely HAVE to do this...no or’s
  7. Clean the guest room...or paint my nails
  8. Snuggle with AJ
  9. Grade 3rd hour’s The Giver packets...or watch Dr. Oz, Dr. Phil, Oprah, and Jeopardy
  10.  Re-evaulate the day’s goals
Ahh, looking forward to a very productive snow Wednesday.

3 comments:

  1. I like this, and I hope blogging becomes a regular thing for you! I wrote a new post on my snow day, too! Maybe you should read it before you get any ideas about "deep cleaning the kitchen" tomorrow... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't get overly ambitious and try to do all of those things today! Looks like there's going to be a few more snow days... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. personally I like all the items on your list that come AFTER the word or.....

    ReplyDelete